As a convention and visitor bureau (CVB) sales leader, how do you gauge your sales practices in relation to your peers? You might find it valuable to better understand how other CVBs are:
- Setting goals
- Creating sales incentives
- Structuring their sales deployment
- Developing new business strategies
That’s where the 2Synergize “Quick Q” comes in — quarterly, the 2Synergize team conducts a “Quick Q” survey on a relevant sales practice, compiles the responses, and returns the results to participants. This is our way of engaging our sales community and staying abreast of the issues and opportunities you are facing that help inform our consulting practice.
Our recent “Quick Q” on new business development garnered 70 responses and provided insight into CVB practices for sourcing new business. Insights included:
- 34% of destinations define new business as never having met in the destination
- 67% define business as not having met in the destination in three to five years
- 41% have sales production goals tied to new business, and 35% of destinations incentivize sales teams for new business
- MINT+ is the most utilized resource for researching new business opportunities
It’s comments like this from Charlene Lopez, vice president of sales at the Atlanta Convention & Visitors Bureau, that make us smile.
If you aren’t receiving our “Quick Qs” and would like to, or if you have a suggested topic that you think would make a good future survey topic, please contact Terri Roberts, program manager at 2Synergize.
Find the right meetings for your destination with MINT+.Learn more