The first edition of the Simpleview Sales Quarterly
July | 2022
We’re pleased to offer the most comprehensive review of the DMO industry’s sales performance. Our goal with this report is to provide the information needed to support their sales strategy by looking back at the first half of 2022 and looking forward at the health of the DMO’s critical pipeline.
- Bookings for the first half of 2022 still lag 2019 bookings by 30%
- June 2022 had 3% more leads than June 2019
- Leads for the first half of 2022 are within 6% of 2019
- Event cycles have shorted by three months
- The #1 market is sports, and it has more leads in the 2022 pipeline than 2019 had for both hotel meetings and convention center events
- There are over 2,300 more hotel leads in the pipeline for July to December 2022 arrivals than for the same period in 2019
To make it easy for you to find the information directly comparable to your destination, we’ve presented information by DMO region and size, as measured by the gross square feet (GSF) of exhibit space in convention centers. We use the widely accepted benchmark of 2019.