As a destination marketing organization (DMO), Visit Phoenix is tasked with showing off the desert-city mashup to potential visitors, which is why it needed a stunning, cohesive, updated website.
Visit Phoenix was no stranger to Simpleview prior to this website redesign. The DMO is a longtime user of Simpleview CRM and CMS, along with MINT+, DTN, FuturePace, Act-On, and its Cvent integration. Because of this extensive history and trusted relationship with Simpleview, the DMO felt confident diving into a website redesign, which was long overdue.
Some of these goals included ensuring the new website would:
- Improve key website engagement and conversion metrics
- Reflect the destination’s new, modern branding
- Inspire and ignite in travelers a desire to visit Phoenix, Arizona
Since the redesign, Visit Phoenix has reported the most monthly website sessions ever and was able to point out destination-specific content that was missing on many competitors’ websites. Below are other results reported from Visit Phoenix’s SEO report for March 2022:
- Organic traffic was up 48% compared to 2021
- Sessions that entered on “Event pages+details” were up 137%
- “Things to Do,” the top landing page for the month, was up 45%
Other YoY organic highlights included:
- Listing referrals increased 51%
- Event referrals increased 186%
- “Trail Guide” requests increased 87%
- Email sign-ups increased 109%
“The website redesign with Simpleview has pushed our marketing team to think critically about what a potential visitor is searching for, and how to design content in a way that will encourage them to interact with the website and eventually encourage future visitation,” said Steven Totten, digital marketing manager at Visit Phoenix.