Our partner, Stackla, takes a look at the state of content—and more specifically consumer-generated content—in this current digital age. Based on an online survey conducted for one week and including respondents 18 and older from the U.S., U.K., and Australia, the report sample discusses:
- consumers as brand advertisers
- how they influence travel
- what this means for marketers
With all the various resources for information available today, user-generated content is notably trusted by, and influential to consumers considering purchases, including travel purchases. With consumers regularly sharing positive experiences on their social networks, including memorable travel and dining experiences, this content can be a goldmine for on-the-ball destination marketers who know how to use it. This is where Simpleview UGC, powered by Stackla, can come in handy for DMOs.
Some key takeaways of the study sample, provide by Market Cube, include:Authenticity drives brand affinity
- 86% of consumers said authenticity is important when deciding what brands they like and support.
- 60% of survey respondents indicated consumer-created content is seen as most authentic.
- 43% of consumers have made travel plans to visit a certain location based on a friend’s social post.
- 42% of consumers say content posted by their friends, family or other consumers is most influential in their purchase decisions.
Consumers are sharing positive experiences marketers can tap into
- 85% of people say they would share a positive travel experience on social media.
Talk to your Simpleview Account Manager about how we can make UGC work for you on your destination website and beyond.