The distribution of the vaccine coupled with a worldwide decrease in new COVID-19 case numbers has brought newfound optimism to the travel industry. And while we’re certainly on the road to recovery, it’s up to meeting and event planners to find ways to safely host in-person and hybrid meetings and events now and in the future.
We’ve highlighted a few destinations below who have restarted their meetings efforts, showcasing best practices for promoting and hosting events with health and safety as a top priority.
- Omaha is Open for Business - Visit Omaha is highlighting how its hotel partners have implemented new health and safety protocols in adherence with CDC guidelines.
- Arizona Means Business - Arizona’s meeting page provides meeting planners with information on the state’s current restrictions and guidelines for hosting private events.
- The Houston Clean Pledge - Visit Houston’s “Houston Clean Pledge” enables planners to find out what precautions Houston’s partners are taking to keep visitors safe.
- Meet Scottsdale Safe - Experience Scottsdale put together a video to showcase the stringent public health practices they’ve implemented to minimize the risk of COVID-19.
- Irving Meet Smart - Visit Irving has also updated their meetings page to include information about the destination’s new safety and sanitation protocols.
If your destination has restarted its meeting and event efforts, we encourage you to share your event details at MeetSafe.Travel so that others can learn from your experience and we can bring back meetings stronger than ever. MeetSafe is a new platform, developed in partnership with Meetings Mean Business and Simpleview, that showcases that – with the proper adherence to local gathering limits and health and safety best practices amid COVID-19 – in-person and hybrid meetings and events can take place now and into the future.