CRM User Group Application
If you are interested in applying to a become a member
of the Simpleview CRM User Group, please review the following
information and submit the application located at the bottom of the
Goals and Objectives:
- To create a selection of Simpleview CRM users, with a minimum of one year of experience in the Simpleview CRM platform, to represent a wide range of DMO and industry models, as well represent different sets of roles and responsibilities
- To collect DMO insight on a wide range of tourism industry-related ideas, topics and trends, as well as for enhancements to existing products and services, and new product features
- To appoint leaders within the CRM community who are recognized as super users and trusted peers, and who can act as valuable resources for other Simpleview CRM users at Simpleview conferences and tradeshows, within Simpleview's CRM forum, as well as outside of Simpleview's space
- To assist Simpleview in reviewing and filtering ideas and suggestions from the Simpleview CRM user community in order to identify the most useful functionality and features that will best serve the CRM Community, CRM users, Destination Marketing and Management Organizations, and be the best use of Simpleview's resources
- To focus on specific issues and common challenges with an aim to establish a common set of CRM-focused best practices for the tourism industry and Simpleview's products and services
- For leaders to act as evangelists and enforcers of prescribed best practices within the CRM and Extranet toolsets
User Group Member Benefits
- 50% off Simpleview Summit Registration
- One full registration comp for a pre-Summit activity included
- Discounted costs on new products in exchange for beta testing participation
- 50% off all role-based trainings associated with Destinations International Summits
- Recognition amongst your peers as a thought leader in the industry
Terms and Conditions
Application Submission Requirements
- User Group applications can be submitted at any time online and will be held until annual application review. Applicants must meet the following requirements:
- Applicant has a minimum of one calendar year of hands-on usage within a live Simpleview CRM
- Applicant must be able to fulfill all terms and conditions listed within this document
- User Group applications are reviewed and processed in November of each year. Any additions to the User Group will start in January of the following year. Accepted members will be notified no later than December 31st in order to provide ample time to review and agree to all requirements and prepare for the first call in January of the following year
- Each member will serve a two-year term, which begins in January of their first year and runs through December of their second year
- Members whose terms have expired may reapply for participation one year after their term end date
Participant Responsibilities and Requirements
Participation from all members is extremely vital to the success of the group. As such, there are minimum requirements for participation.
- Each member will serve a two year term which will begin in January of their first year and run through December of their second year
- There are five (5) scheduled User Group calls and two (2) onsite meetings each year.
- Each member is required to attend all calls and meetings.
- Attendance is taken at the start of each meeting. If two or more absences are recorded for a member, they may be excused from the group.
- Two consecutive absences within a twelve (12) month period are not permitted and may be cause for the member being excused from the group.
- Scheduled calls are in January (User Group Orientation), February, June, August, and October
- Scheduled onsites are held in April or May at the Simpleview Annual Summit and a second meeting is held at another To Be Determined location, date and time. Each meeting is held annually. Absences from the onsite at the Simpleview Annual Summit will not be permitted and may be cause for termination of group participation.
- Each member is required to execute a Non-Disclosure Agreement (NDA) which will require all discussions, calls, meetings, and surveys to be held in confidence and expressly prohibits the sharing of User Group information with third parties. All staff at the member DMO must comply with the NDA
- Each member agrees to serve as a reference for Simpleview, including but not limited to, providing testimonials and feedback to current and prospective clients regarding Simpleview's products and services
- Applicants are full-time, permanent employees of the contracted organization for Simpleview products and services. Contract resources or 3rd parties are not eligible to participate
- Each member will act as the sole representative of their DMO per term; however others within the organization may be used at times for testing and input purposes as appropriately relevant to such activities
- Each member agrees, if asked, to participate in Summit presentations and/or serve as a mentor to new Summit attendees
- Each member may be asked to provide up to 50 hours of the member's or DMO's time, per term, for the following items as needed and as requested by the CRM Product Manager. Participation, where applicable, is required
- Product Beta Testing
- Includes completion of provided test materials, feedback, and review sessions of test results
- Attendance at beta meetings as appropriate
- Product/Industry Interviews
- May include scheduling calls, meetings, surveys, and other forms of communication with User Group Member and/or DMO team members and the CRM Product Manager to discuss and collect information and feedback on existing features, proposed new features, tools or products, and industry information
- Product/Industry Surveys
- Surveys are used for collecting insights on product updates, industry trends and topics, and DMO sentiment on possible offering and updates
- All surveys must be completed as requested by the Simpleview Product team.
Product Beta Testing
Beta testing is the facilitation of usage of a new product, existing product enhancements, or new service by the User Group member themselves or select staff at their DMO. The rights and regulations governing beta testing are listed below.
- Beta Testing Plans will be discussed with the User Group prior to execution in order to inform and better equip each member to make a decision of availability for themselves and their teams
- Beta Testing Agreements, where applicable, will be provided prior to inclusion of participant in order to outline product discounted cost and all other terms specific to each beta plan
- CRM Product Manager will call for volunteers for each beta, with a minimum requirement of three (3) volunteers. If no volunteers are found, DMOs will be selected for beta based on qualifying factors in relation to the product or enhancement being tested
- Simpleview grants Software access to User Group member and grants a non-exclusive, non-transferable license to test the Software solely for Beta testing and Beta use subject to the terms and conditions below
- In consideration for receiving access to the Software for testing, User Group member agrees to serve as a "Beta Site" for the Software and will notify Simpleview of all problems and ideas for enhancements which come to User Group Member's attention during the period of this Agreement, and hereby assigns to Simpleview all right, title and interest to such enhancements and all property rights therein including without limitation all patent, copyright, trade secret, mask work, trademark, moral right or other intellectual property rights.
- User Group Member agrees that Software is the sole property of Simpleview and includes valuable trade secrets of Simpleview. User Group Member agrees to treat Software as confidential and will not, without the express written authorization of Simpleview:
- Demonstrate, copy, sell or market Software to any third party; or
- Publish or otherwise disclose information relating to performance or quality of the Software to any third party; or
- Modify, reuse, disassemble, decompile, reverse engineer or otherwise translate Software or any portion thereof
- Software is pre-release code and is not at the level of performance or compatibility of a final, generally available product offering. Software may not operate correctly and may be substantially modified prior to first commercial availability, or withdrawn. Software is provided "AS IS" without warranty of any kind. The entire risk arising out of the use or performance of Software remains with User Group Member. In no event shall Simpleview be liable for any damage whatsoever arising out of the use of or inability to use Software, even if Simpleview has been advised of the possibility of such damages
- The User Group Member upon completion of the Beta test(s) agrees to provide material, statistics, or information that is not deemed confidential to Simpleview Product Management business team for use in product development
- This Agreement constitutes the entire and only agreement between the parties for Software and all other prior negotiations, representations, agreements, and understandings are superseded hereby. No agreements altering or supplementing the terms hereof may be made except by means of a written document signed by the duly authorized representatives of the parties
Ending Participation Before Term Expiration
Member participation may end before a term expiration for the following reasons:
- The member has determined their time and resource availability is no longer sufficient for adequate participation levels and has requested removal from the group
- Simpleview has recorded more than two meeting absences (onsite or call) within a twelve (12) month period
- The member has failed to complete participation requirements in regards to beta testing, surveys, interviews, etc.
If a member is to exit the group, regardless of reason, the party executing the removal will notify the other 30 days prior to exit date.