Simpleview Summit attendees stay pretty busy networking, sipping cocktails at receptions, listening to keynote speakers, learning from our experts, and hitting the dance floor at our out-of-this-world after-party. And since we’re so excited to be in a new host city, we also have a jam-packed schedule of (optional) fun to help you to explore Houston.
Yet, in the midst of this whirlwind of activity, inspiration, and exploration — you may find moments of downtime. So what should you do with a break between sessions? Here are some suggestions from our team.
Keep the Energy Going
The Marriott Marquis Houston offers plenty of options for using your spare time or just unwinding without leaving the venue. For those wanting to venture offsite, we’ve got some options for you, too.
- Grab your workout clothes and work up a sweat at the Marriott’s state-of-the-art 7,000-square-foot fitness center, open 24 hours a day, seven days a week
- Join us on Tuesday and Wednesday at 6:30 a.m. for a 45-minute poolside yoga session
- Float in the one-of-a-kind, Texas-shaped lazy river or relax in the rooftop infinity pool and whirlpool
- Indulge in one of the many spa treatments at Pure, located inside the Marriott Marquis Houston — if you mention Simpleview Summit when booking, you’ll get 10% off your service (you’re welcome!)
- Read “Make the most of your time in Space City: 3 unexpected (& free) adventures in Houston” and plan something unforgettable
- Catch up with old friends over coffee at Texas T or mix, mingle, and sip Instagram-worthy cocktails at High Dive, located on the rooftop deck
- There is no shortage of onsite dining options. You can also read our blog, “Headed to Houston for Simpleview Summit? Here are 8 can’t-miss foodie spots for a taste of Texas,” to plan your foodie adventures
Stop & Reflect
If you’ve been go-go-going with not much time for yourself, remember that you have the option to stop. Find a quiet place — your room, a poolside lounge chair, a corner table in an on-site restaurant — and take some time to rest and reflect. Gather your thoughts and recharge so you can get the most out of your experience. Maybe ask yourself one of these top five questions to solidify the details you want to take back to work with you.
Whatever you choose to do between sessions, we know you’ll get the most out of every minute of your Simpleview Summit experience. To keep the fun going, follow us on Instagram at @simpleviewsummit and use #simpleviewsummit in your own posts from the conference
- What is something new you learned at Summit?
- How can you make this new information, tool, or technique work for you and your team?
- Which presentation topic, demo, or training inspired an idea you’d like to try implementing at work?
- Which speakers stood out the most to you, and what can their insights bring to your organization or personal growth?
- Who are some people you’ve met that you’d most immediately like to keep in touch with, and why?