Jacksonville and Fort Lauderdale earn HSMAI Adrian Awards and more
TUCSON, December 4 — Partnering with the official destination marketing organizations (DMOs) for Jacksonville and Fort Lauderdale, Simpleview is helping put Florida on the map in web marketing. The organizations recently picked up eight awards, including five honors in the Hospitality Sales & Marketing Association International (HSMAI) Adrian Awards Competition, widely considered the most prestigious travel-marketing contest worldwide.
Jacksonville — http://www.visitjacksonville.com
Visit Jacksonville picked up five awards for its website (winner of a 2008 HSMAI Silver Award) and several interactive marketing initiatives planned and executed in partnership with Simpleview and the Dalton Agency:
- HSMAI Silver Award for search engine marketing, delivering the prized #1 rank on Google and boosting the DMO's website traffic by 64%, more than twice the target increase
- HSMAI Silver Award for the "Escape Artist" email campaign, targeting the leisure travel drive market and driving a 200% increase in package sales
- HSMAI Bronze Award for the "Meet in Jacksonville" email campaign, targeting meeting planners
- HSMAI Bronze Award for the "Play Action Jax" an online game/contest promotion capitalizing on NFL fever
- International Academy of the Visual Arts (IAVA) W3 Silver Award in the Tourism category for its website (the W3 competition bills itself as "the first major web competition to be accessible to the biggest agencies, the smallest firms, and everyone in between)
Fort Lauderdale — http://www.sunny.org
The Greater Fort Lauderdale Convention & Visitors Bureau garnered three awards for its website, designed by Simpleview and Starmark and powered by Simpleview CMS:
- HSMAI Bronze Award for across-the-board improvement in website engagement statistics and a 19% increase in organic traffic
- IAVA W3 Silver Award in the Tourism category
- IAVA Silver Davey Award (honoring creative triumphs of smaller firms, the "Davids" working alongside Goliaths with project budgets that match their size)
In 2008, the sunny.org website won the Hermes Creative Award (platinum) from the Association of Marketing and Communication Professionals and the IAVA Communicator Award of Excellence.
"We're very proud of the work that's come out of our collaboration with Jacksonville, Fort Lauderdale and the others behind these honors," said Simpleview CEO Ryan George. "I think they speak to the power of great creative backed by sound strategy, but more than anything, they speak to the power of great partnerships."
From 2007 to 2009, Simpleview has made the Inc. 5000 list of fastest-growing private U.S. companies, ranking top-10 in the travel category the past two years. The company employs 60+ people in Tucson and San Diego, and since 1991 has maintained a 96% client retention rate while capturing the largest market share in its field, helping 130+ destination marketing organizations (DMOs) get the most out of technology, the web and interactive marketing. At the highest level, Simpleview develops big-picture strategies for DMO sales, marketing and operations. On a tactical level, they offer integrated products and services tailored to destination marketing: social media strategy, powerful forecasting and reporting, dynamic websites and mobile web, SEO, interactive marketing and the industry’s most advanced CRM and CMS. In the 12 months leading up to Q4 2009, Simpleview’s CRM system drove $6.1 billion in economic impact for more than 85 clients, which include destinations ranging from New York City to Portland, Boston to Jacksonville, Toronto to the Bahamas. Simpleview will host its next annual CVB Summit—a training and education event for clients—at The Ritz-Carlton, Dove Mountain, April 25-28, 2010.
The Hospitality Sales & Marketing Association International provides the hospitality industry with knowledge, community, and recognition for outstanding leaders in sales, marketing, branding and professional development. Founded in 1927, HSMAI is an individual membership organization comprising more than 7,000 members worldwide, with 40 chapters in the Americas Region.
The International Academy of the Visual Arts is an assembly of leading professionals from various disciplines of the visual arts dedicated to embracing progress and the evolving nature of traditional and interactive media. IAVA focuses on facilitating the exchange of new ideas, recognizing excellence in the visual arts, providing networking opportunities and educating its members on media and advertising.
# # #