FOR IMMEDIATE RELEASE
Home of the Cavaliers and Monticello selects simpleview to help drive local travel and tourism
TUCSON, July 27 — By the end of 2009, what will Thomas Jefferson, Dave Matthews, Edgar Allen Poe, John Grisham and Simpleview have in common? All five will have helped drive the economy of Charlottesville, VA — the first four by having made their homes there, and Simpleview by partnering with the Charlottesville Albemarle Convention and Visitors Bureau (CACVB) on their destination sales and marketing.
Simpleview's proven sales and marketing triad
For the initial engagement, Simpleview will deliver its proven triad of technology and services tailored to destination management organizations (DMOs):
1. A new website powered by its web-based content management system: Simpleview CMS
2. Interactive marketing services, including search engine optimization, advanced website traffic and e-marketing analytics and content development
3. The new 3.0 upgrade of its web-based system integrating DMO sales, customer relationship management, email marketing, forecasting, reporting and business analysis
Charlottesville project highlights
While the full scope of the Charlottesville engagement includes 50+ products and services, project highlights include:
- Adding hotel reservations, packages sales and banner advertising to the CACVB website
- Making it easier for meeting and event planners to work with CACVB via an online RFP Builder tied to CACVB's industry partner hotels and event properties, caterers, A/V companies, etc.
- Giving visitors an online Itinerary Builder — including integrated Google Maps — that pulls from attractions, the CVB's events calendar, business listings, e-coupons and special offers
- A mini-site for mobile web, integrating simpleview CMS with technology from mobiManage, makers of the first content management system ideal for the .mobi domain
- Interactive marketing strategy, search engine optimization (SEO), link-building, RSS feeds, email marketing and other services to steadily increase the quality and reach of CACVB's online initiatives
Selected for its expertise
CACVB selected Simpleview for the company's reigning expertise in travel and tourism sales and marketing according to Kurt Burkhart, the DMO's executive director. "They are considered top in their field, and we are pleased to join the many, many other CVBs in the U.S. that have chosen Simpleview," Burkhart said. Among the 125+ clients that Burkhart referenced, Simpleview already provides products and services to four other Virginia destinations: Alexandria, Chesapeake, Fairfax County and Richmond.
About Simpleview products and services
Simpleview's client offerings combine high-level strategic planning with DMO-specific technologies and services. The company is best known for:
- Interactive Marketing: A full-range of services to maximize online marketing—strategic planning, SEO, consumer profiling, list acquisition, analytics, social media management, link building, PPC and interactive promotions.
- Simpleview CMS: Beyond admin tools for maintaining DMO sites, simpleview's web-based CMS combines tools for managing partner data, mobile web content, 20+ website widgets and integrations and more.
- Simpleview CRM: "CRM" is just the beginning of simpleview's web-based destination management system, integrating sales, partner/customer relationship management, email marketing, forecasting, reporting and business analysis. Released spring 2009, simpleview CRM 3.0 offers faster performance, a revamped/redesigned user interface and 20+ new functions and features, including animated, customizable dashboards.
Last year, Inc. magazine ranked Simpleview #2 among the fastest-growing, privately held U.S. companies in the travel and tourism sector. Since 1991, the company has maintained a 99% client retention rate while capturing the largest market share in its field, helping 125+ destination marketing organizations (DMOs) get the most out of technology, the web and interactive marketing. At the highest level, Simpleview develops big-picture strategies for DMO sales, marketing and operations. On a tactical level, they offer integrated products and services tailored to destination marketing: social media strategy, powerful forecasting and reporting, dynamic websites and mobile web, SEO and interactive marketing and the industry's most advanced CRM and CMS. In the 12 months leading up to Q2 2009, Simpleview's CRM system drove $6.8 billion in economic impact for more than 80 Simpleview clients, which include destinations ranging from New York City to Portland, Boston to Jacksonville, Toronto to the Bahamas. Simpleview employs 60+ people in Tucson and San Diego.
About Charlottesville, Albemarle County and the CACVB
Charlottesville and Albemarle County, once home to three U.S. presidents — Thomas Jefferson, James Madison and James Monroe — has a population of some 134,000 (45,000 in the City of Charlottesville), many of which are students, faculty or staff at the University of Virginia, home of the Cavaliers. Charlottesville offers visitors a wide range of activities, from wine tours to hiking to performances at the Charlottesville Pavilion, plus access to some of the nation's most important historical landmarks, including Thomas Jefferson's home, Monticello, which has appeared on the reverse of the U.S. nickel since 1938 and was designated a UNESCO World Heritage site in 1987. In addition to providing a wealth of information on the area to individual visitors through its downtown Visitor Center (610 E. Main Street), the CACVB achieves its mission — “to enhance the economic prosperity of City and County by promoting, selling and marketing the City of Charlottesville and County of Albemarle as a destination in pursuit of the meetings and tourism markets” by helping tour operators, meeting planners, weddings, reunions and other groups find attractions, restaurants, hotels and other visitor-related businesses.
# # #
Simpleview, Cara Frank Director of Marketing, Simpleview (520) 575-1151 ext 143 email@example.com http://simpleviewinc.com
Charlottesville Albemarle County Convention & Visitors Bureau, Allie Baer Interim Director of Sales & Marketing, CACVB (434) 906-0757 firstname.lastname@example.org http://pursueCharlottesville.com