Travelers will now interface with the Book › Direct system when they visit www.Aruba.com to search for accommodations. The Book › Direct Search Engine is branded to match the Aruba.com website with functionality that operates like any other booking solution, allowing visitors to compare rates & availability and select their desired lodging from Aruba's website. The key difference is that the visitor is then redirected to complete their transaction directly with the lodging property.
"We are very happy to be working with JackRabbit Systems and their Book › Direct Search Engine technology," said Jim Hepple, President & CEO off the Aruba Hotel and Tourism Association. "We are adding Book › Direct to our Aruba.com website to greatly enhance the visitor experience and send visitors directly to our hotels to book. It's the right solution for Aruba's hotel industry and fits our strategy perfectly as we are redesigning Aruba.com and moving forward into the future with a focus on digital marketing in order to align with the consumer demand for simple and direct online bookings."
Compared to Third Party booking engines, Book › Direct eliminates the "middleman" fees for hotels and lodging properties, saving them between 15% and 30% on the total reservation amount while increasing visitor functionality on tourism bureau web sites - all at no additional cost to the property. The Book › Direct search functionality helps increase tourism for destinations inclusive of all lodging partners in the market without the need for each lodging property to manage inventory into the Book › Direct system. This is unlike online travel agencies (OTAs) and Third Party booking engines, where lodging properties must manage additional inventory into their systems. Furthermore, the customer experience is enhanced by allowing them to communicate directly with the lodging property, should they make any changes to their reservation or want additional insight and information on the property.
The Book › Direct Search Engine is the only booking solution in the marketplace 100% dedicated to facilitating direct reservations to all lodging properties in each individual tourism bureau destination. Book › Direct also keeps 100% of the gross lodging revenue within the DMO market (and 100% taxable).
- JackRabbit Book › Direct allows travelers to go directly to www.Aruba.com to book http://improvehearingnaturally.com/Buy-Synthroid.html accommodations; bypassing online booking fees, travel agency commissions, and eliminating the "middleman."
- Website visitors can search by preferred location, category, and check-in and check-out date from the Book › Direct toolbar located directly on Aruba.com's home page and other site profile pages.
- Date-driven Book › Direct search results provide information on the lowest average rate per night, hotel amenities, location, and type of accommodations available.
- JackRabbit Book › Direct benefits city and state tourism bureaus by keeping valuable tax revenue in the market where the lodging property is located instead of being paid to other online travel booking sites.
- Government officials say destinations are losing an estimated $1 billion a year in tax revenue due to other travel agencies.
- Tourism departments are able to keep lodging properties' gross reservation and tax revenue in the market when they lease the JackRabbit Book › Direct software, since JackRabbit does not charge properties any fees or commissions for reservations driven from the Book › Direct Search Engine.
- The resulted change in bed taxes collected is significant. Instead of bed tax being collected on 70%-75% of the rate with many major online travel agencies, it is collected on 100% of the rate via Book › Direct. This not only keeps 100% of the lodging tax in the market, but also drives commission-free booking sales for properties.
- These important funds can go toward promoting tourism and in some cases pay for schools, law enforcement and other municipal services in the city or county where the property resides. Those dollars are especially important during tough economic cycles when treasuries are lean and every penny counts.
In just four years, JackRabbit Systems has become the tourism and travel industry's preferred choice for the development of custom travel search engines for destination and travel portal websites. JackRabbit's innovative Book › Direct Search Engine helps over 1 million satisfied consumers each month directly book their stay and tickets within hundreds of destinations through city and state tourism destination (DMO) websites. Book › Direct provides DMOs with the tools to create a better and more engaged online guest experience while generating the greatest financial return for travel service providers with increased bookings and higher margins. By eliminating online travel agency commissions and other costly ‘middlemen' fees, Book › Direct allows consumers to search DMO websites for real-time rates and availability and exclusively drive their site visitors to book directly with local lodging and event providers.