myDMAI - Destination Marketing Association International's blog - is reporting that Rand McNally and USA Today have revealed their 2012 finalist towns and teams for its second annual Best of the Road Rally.
According to the article, more than 650 destinations competed to be included in the Rally. Four finalists from last year's competition were included with the 26 new small towns for this year's event. These destinations and their respective marketing organizations will have three weeks to prepare for their team's arrivals, showcase their cities and towns and provide the best case for why they should be named the best of their category.
Several Simpleview clients are involved with the 2012 Best of the Road Rally and we would like to officially congratulate these exceptional DMOs for their hard work and savvy marketing efforts:
- Buena Park, California - Finalist for Most Fun Small Town
- San Luis Obispo, California - Finalist for Friendliest Small Town
- Bloomington, Indiana - Finalist for Best Food
- Santa Fe, New Mexico - Finalist for Best Food
- Charlottesville, Virginia - Finalist for Best Food
To learn more about Rand McNally and USA Today's annual event, visit the Best of the Road Rally page.