The Simpleview team enjoyed a beautiful onsite at Puntan Dos Amantes (Tale of the Two Lovers) guided by A.J. Rosario of the Guam Visitors Bureau. Back row from left: Tim McCrawley, Melanie Soules, Jennifer Mead, A.J. Rosario. Front row from left: Mercedes Rodriguez, Carissa Leitner.
Simpleview has been working with the Guam Visitors Bureau since December 2013, assisting in the development and support of an integrated marketing approach with international reach. The bureau now utilizes Simpleview’s integrated solution, CRM plus CMS (Customer Relationship Management + Content Management System), to deliver a more efficient experience for staff, partners, and visitors.
Visit Guam’s international website project included the design of six uniform websites for global offices (the main website in English, with five other sites in varying languages). Leveraging Simpleview’s CRM/CMS, Search Engine Marketing (SEM) services, website creative, and hybrid/pure translation tools, the Guam Visitors Bureau was able to draw U.S. visitors, and expand into the Asian and European markets. This was accomplished through targeted campaigns, strong organic search engine optimization (SEO), and a consistent, purely translated website for each language. They also implemented a mobile site.
VisitGuam.com and Simpleview CMS
VisitGuam.com features creative design elements reminiscent of island traditions, plus helpful maps and easy-to-navigate event sections.
- Maps: Multiple maps feature flight times from other countries and detailed information on each of the villages within Guam.
- Events Slide: The homepage includes the Featured Events and Fiestas widget to call out upcoming events, as well as Sporting Events and Things to Do.
- Weather Feed: Island time and weather is featured for visitor convenience.
- Responsive Microsite: The Guam team leverages a responsive microsite template to call attention to special events and celebrations throughout the year, such as the Guam Summer Beach Fest and the Guam's 100 Years of History.
VisitGuam.com by the Numbers
Jan 1st –Dec 31st 2014
Comparing 2014 to 2013
- After the new site launch on December 10, 2013, VisitGuam.com saw a 69% increase in organic traffic.
- Average session duration went up 88%
- Page sessions increased 53%
- Bounce rate improved by 21% on organic
Jan 1st – Dec 31st 2015
Comparing 2015 to 2013
- Organic sessions grew by 155%
- Average session duration up 58%
- Pages per session up 23%
- Bounce rate improved by 12%
Comparing 2015 to 2014
Referrals to partner’s sites from listings increased by 95%
January 1, 2016 - December 31, 2016
Comparing 2016 to 2013 calendar year
- Sessions increased 95%
- Users increased 82.5%
- Pageviews increased 139%
- Bounce rate improved 17%
- Organic sessions increased 202%
- Organic users increased 185%
- Organic page views increased 236%
- Organic bounce rate improved by 12%
Guam Visitors Bureau and Simpleview CRM
On the CRM side, the Guam Visitors Bureau connects with industry partners through use of the Member/Partner extranet. Upon the bureau’s approval, member businesses can access their database accounts through a password-protected portal to update contact records, pursue leads, and more, scaling the workload for the DMO and giving their partners some control and flexibility.
“We're passionate about helping Guam and our other clients constantly reach and exceed their goals in attracting leisure and business travelers. Our staff believes in providing ‘service without borders,' meaning we can provide a system that works for those who speak many languages and services for an international audience.”
~Rich Reasons, Simpleview President