The Southeast Tourism Society (STS) has named the 2012 recipients of their "Forty for the Future" program, which highlights 40 tourism professionals in the United States who are under the age of 40 and have demonstrated exceptional leadership qualities.
According to the STS, these are individuals making their mark in convention and visitors bureaus, destination management organizations (DMOs), lodging, transportation, education and partners of tourism. As several of them work for DMOs that are Simpleview clients, we would like to recognize these rising stars for their contributions to the travel and tourism industry.
- Don Dukemineer - Convention Sales Manager for the Huntsville/Madison County CVB
- Katie Brenckle - Executive Director of the Dunwoody CVB
- Monica Smith - President and CEO of the Macon-Bibb County CVB
- Angie Manning - Communications Director for the Lake Charles/Southwest Louisiana CVB
- Selah Havard - Director of Sales for the Natchez CVB
- Michael Bonoffski - Senior VP of Marketing and Communications for the Cabarrus County CVB
- Katherine O'Donnell - Director of Marketing for the Richmond Metropolitan CVB
These and the other Forty for the Future honorees will receive recognition for their hard work at the STS Fall Forum in Virginia Beach, VA, which is taking place Oct. 31 - Nov. 2, 2012.
To learn more about the program and view the full list of honorees, read the full article on the STS site.