Web User Group Application
If you are interested in applying to a become a member
of the Simpleview Web User Group, please review the following
information and submit the application located at the bottom of the
The goals & objectives of this group are as follows:
- To provide insight from the full spectrum of our web community as users from different destination marketing organizations with unique sets of roles and responsibilities
- To field and filter ideas and suggestions from our user community
- To identify, discuss and refine the most useful features and functionality to best serve the Web/Simpleview CMS community & the Web Users
- To focus on specific issues and common challenges with an aim to establish a common set of web-focused best practices for the tourism industry and Simpleview's products and services.
- To appoint leaders within our community who are recognized as super users and trusted peers who share the same viewpoint and perspective as their counterparts at other DMOs
- To act as evangelists and enforcers of best practices who steer web managers & users in the right direction
The terms and conditions of this group are as follows:
- Member applications can be submitted throughout the year, but new members will always be selected in January, with their term beginning and ending at The Annual Simpleview Summit in April or May.
- Each member will serve a term of two years starting and ending at our Annual Summit onsite meeting
- Each member may reapply after their term expires via the online application, accepting these terms and conditions.
- A secondary onsite meeting will occur in the fall each year - location/dates TBD, but will likely be paired with an industry conference. Additional meetings (as needed) will be attended for beta testing as listed in #6
- Any member that misses more than two meetings (onsite or call in) within a term will be excused from the User Group.
- Each member will be required to attend a minimum of two onsite meetings during their term.
- Each member will be required to execute a Non-Disclosure agreement.
- Each member agrees to serve as a reference for Simpleview in providing testimonials and feedback to current and prospective clients about our products and services.
- Each member agrees, if asked, to participate in Summit presentations and/or serve as a mentor to new Summit attendees
- Each member will act as the sole representative of their DMO per term; however others within the organization can be used at times for testing and input purposes as appropriately relevant to such activities.
- Each member will serve as a lead for beta end user testing of new products
- Members will provide up to 50 hours of product testing on CMS products as requested per term.
- This will include completion of provided test materials and feedback and review sessions of test results.
- Attendance at Beta meetings as appropriate.
The responsibilities of this group are as follows:
- Simpleview will grant access to User group members a non-exclusive, non-transferable license to test the Software solely for Beta testing and Beta use subject to the terms and conditions below.
- In consideration for receiving access to the Software for testing, User group member agrees to serve as a "Beta Site" for the Software and will notify Simpleview of all problems and ideas for enhancements which come to User Group Member's attention during the period of this Agreement, and hereby assigns to Simpleview all right, title and interest to such enhancements and all property rights therein including without limitation all patent, copyright, trade secret, mask work, trademark, moral right or other intellectual property rights.
- User Group Member agrees that Software is the sole property of Simpleview until it is officially released and includes valuable trade secrets of Simpleview. User Group Member agrees to treat Software as confidential and will not without the express written authorization of Simpleview:
- Demonstrate, copy, sell or market Software to any third party; or
- Publish or otherwise disclose information relating to performance or quality of the Software to any third party; or
- Modify, reuse, disassemble, decompile, reverse engineer or otherwise translate Software or any portion thereof.
- Software is prerelease code and is not at the level of performance or compatibility of a final, generally available product offering. Software may not operate correctly and may be substantially modified prior to first commercial availability, or withdrawn. Software is provided "AS IS" without warranty of any kind. The entire risk arising out of the use or performance of Software remains with User Group Member. In no event shall Simpleview be liable for any damage whatsoever arising out of the use of or inability to use Software, even if Simpleview has been advised of the possibility of such damages.
- The User Group Member upon completion of the Beta test(s) agrees to provide material, statistics, or information that is not deemed confidential to Simpleview Product Management business team for use in product development.
- This Agreement constitutes the entire and only agreement between the parties for Software and all other prior negotiations, representations, agreements, and understandings are superseded hereby. No agreements altering or supplementing the terms hereof may be made except by means of a written document signed by the duly authorized representatives of the parties.
The member benefits of this group are as follows:
- One free Annual Summit registration, including one pre-Summit activity
- Special recognition at the Annual Summit via
- Introduction of each member at the Newcomers Opening Reception
- Web User Group badge for each member to wear throughout the Annual Summit
- Recognition of all group members during the CEO's Opening Summit Address
By submitting the below application you are agreeing to the Simpleview Web User Group terms and conditions.